menu_open Columnists
We use cookies to provide some features and experiences in QOSHE

More information  .  Close

3 civilians hurt in Hezbollah attack on north as Israel, Lebanon set for 3rd round of talks

55 0
14.05.2026

Three Israeli civilians were wounded, two seriously, in a Hezbollah drone attack Thursday in the Rosh Hanikra area, the military and hospital officials said, as clashes with the Iran-backed terror group continued hours ahead of another planned round of talks between Israeli and Lebanese officials.

The drone struck a parking lot close to the border with Lebanon, injuring the civilians. No sirens sounded in the area, indicating that the drone was not detected by the military.

The Galilee Medical Center in Nahariya said it was treating two people in serious condition and one person who was lightly hurt.

The Israel Defense Forces said that the drone attack was a “blatant violation of the ceasefire understandings by the Hezbollah terror organization.”

The drone was one of several projectiles that Hezbollah launched at Israel and at IDF troops stationed in southern Lebanon on Thursday, including an anti-tank guided missile and several mortars that exploded near soldiers in the late morning. No injuries were caused as a result of those strikes.

Several other drones launched by the group were intercepted by IDF air defense systems, the army said.

Meanwhile, the IDF said it launched a wave of airstrikes on Hezbollah infrastructure sites in southern Lebanon, after it issued evacuation warnings for eight villages in the area.

Residents of Libbaya, Sohmor, Tefahta, Kfar Melki, Yohmor al-Beqaa, Ain al-Tineh, Houmine al-Faouqa and Mazraat Sinay were instructed to evacuate at least a kilometer away.

“In light of the Hezbollah terror organization’s violations of the ceasefire agreement, the IDF is forced to act against it with force and does not intend to harm you,” warned army spokesman Col. Avichay Adraee ahead of the strikes.

The IDF has been implementing plans for a “security zone” in southern Lebanon, which involves demolishing Lebanese villages near the border and setting up army posts several kilometers inside the country in order to protect Israeli border villages and distance the threat posed by Hezbollah.

According to the Lebanese government, the demolition operations have razed or damaged more than 10,000 homes since the ceasefire took effect last month.

“Since the current ceasefire… we have witnessed 5,386 housing units that were completely destroyed, and 5,246 housing units damaged,” Chadi Abdallah,........

© The Times of Israel