menu_open Columnists
We use cookies to provide some features and experiences in QOSHE

More information  .  Close

OnePlus Confirms Exit From the US and Europe But Promises Continued Support for Existing Phone Owners

12 0
17.07.2026

OnePlus confirmed Thursday that it is exiting the United States and European markets, ending its run as a mainstream Android smartphone brand in two regions where it had built a loyal following among tech enthusiasts over the past decade.

The Chinese smartphone maker said the two regions will no longer receive new device releases, and that remaining inventory of current models will be sold off as the company winds down its presence. OnePlus said it will now focus its operations on just two markets going forward: China and India.

Despite the withdrawal, OnePlus said existing customers in the US and Europe will not be left without support. The company confirmed that current users will continue to receive software updates, security patches and after-sales support as previously promised when they purchased their devices. That commitment mirrors assurances OnePlus gave PCMag in April, when the company said "all users' after-sales support, software updates, and rights commitments are fully guaranteed" amid earlier reports of a potential US shutdown.

One notable change for existing users will be the shutdown of the OnePlus Community website for customers in the affected regions, set to go offline on August 16. "Community content will no longer be publicly accessible," OnePlus said in its announcement. The company urged users who want to preserve their contributions to the platform to act before the deadline. "If you would like to keep copies of your posts, comments, photos, guides, or other contributions, please........

© International Business Times