Epstein Survivors Blast Todd Blanche for Lying Under Oath |
Epstein Survivors Blast Todd Blanche for Lying Under Oath
The acting attorney general appears to be lying under oath to Congress.
Eighteen survivors of millionaire sex offender Jeffrey Epstein accused acting Attorney General Todd Blanche of lying under oath on Tuesday during a Senate Appropriations hearing, claiming he met with the survivors and their lawyers when he never did.
“Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche has not met with any of us. As survivors, we previously sought a meeting with former Attorney General Bondi and Department of Justice officials, but no meeting occurred,” the survivors said in a statement. “We should not have to be this persistent to engage with DOJ—the department responsible for handling the Epstein files, protecting their privacy, and answering for years of secrecy and failure.”
“We have already reported abuse and allegations involving Epstein and associated perpetrators to the FBI and federal authorities many times over the course of years. We should not be asked to relive their trauma again and again because the system failed to act. The burden is not on us to keep making reports. It is on the DOJ to investigate credible allegations against perpetrators and co-conspirators, and to account for the government’s mishandling of these matters,” they continued. “Given Blanche’s comments, we are again asking DOJ to meet directly with survivors and their counsel not to ask survivors to start over, but to hear their concerns, explain how these failures occurred, and provide clear answers about the release, redaction, and withholding of Epstein-related records going forward.”
Blanche claimed to have met with the survivors and their lawyers during an exchange with Maryland Senator Chris Van Hollen.
“I spoke to the representatives of some of the Epstein survivors yesterday. They are extremely frustrated that you keep calling for people to come forward with more evidence, but you have not met with them to hear their stories,” Van Hollen said. “So simple question: If I connect you with these survivors, will you meet with them?”
“Absolutely. And what you just said is false. I have met with them. I’ve met with many of the lawyers for the survivors of victims, as did Attorney General Bondi,” Blanche replied. “So whoever told you that unfortunately gave you bad information. I would encourage them to reach out to the Department of Justice.... We absolutely care for victims and we absolutely wanna hear from them and their lawyers.”
“Well I’ve been told directly,” Van Hollen said. “They have not had a chance, at least this group, to meet with you.”
Now, it’s the word of the president’s former personal lawyer against the word of 18 Epstein survivors.
Van Hollen: Some Epstein survivors are extremely frustrated that you keep calling for people to come forward with more evidence but have not met with them. Blanche: What you said is false. I have met with them. I have met with many of their lawyers. pic.twitter.com/3ycRdIDlGq— Acyn (@Acyn) May 19, 2026
Van Hollen: Some Epstein survivors are extremely frustrated that you keep calling for people to come forward with more evidence but have not met with them. Blanche: What you said is false. I have met with them. I have met with many of their lawyers. pic.twitter.com/3ycRdIDlGq
DHS Sec. Tells Religious Groups They’re on Their Own After Shooting
Secretary Markwayne Mullin had some great advice after a shooting at the Islamic Center of San Diego.
In an interview on Fox News, Homeland Security Secretary Markwayne Mullin blamed Democrats’ refusal to fund ICE for the mass shooting at the Islamic Center of San Diego on Monday and said places of worship should “hire their own security.”
“President Trump has assemblied [sic] a great team in Kash Patel, myself, the White House,” Mullin stated. “We work together all the time to work with these religious establishments. We’ve had FEMA grants they can use to help protect themselves. Unfortunately, for the last 76 days we were shut down, so we’re just not getting those grants out, so they have to hire their own security.”
Mullin is twisting the truth here; FEMA, along with the rest of the Department of Homeland Security, was fully funded 19 days ago. FEMA could have been funded far earlier if congressional Republicans agreed to separate ICE funding from the rest of DHS, which was discussed as early as February.
More importantly, though, are grants for more guns and security around places of worship really the way to go to stop shootings? How about, you know, gun control? The thing that’s successfully curbed mass shootings in dozens of other countries around the world?
To stop shootings at Muslim centers, how about ending the Islamophobic, white nationalist rhetoric that Donald Trump and his Cabinet frequently espouse? Mullin himself is one of the most bellicose government officials in recent memory. He said he understood why a crazed neighbor attacked Senator Rand Paul in 2017, and has made public threats to kill journalists, which he downplayed as joking around after media backlash.
Unsurprisingly, Fox News sleazebag Sean Hannity did not question Mullin’s ridiculous comments on Monday night, nor did he point out that the Islamic Center actually had hired a private security guard, who was killed in the shooting. Amin Abdullah, a father of eight, was credited by local police with preventing more deaths.
Hannity instead opted to fearmonger and ignore the religious aspect of the shooting. “Let’s protect our homeland,” he sneered.
San Diego police say they are investigating the shooting as a hate crime.
Todd Blanche Flails Over Story of J6er Who Tried to Bribe Abuse Victim
The acting attorney general struggled to defend Donald Trump’s decision to create a slush fund.
Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche can’t handle the heat created by his own office.
The Justice Department chief immediately lashed out while getting grilled on Capitol Hill Tuesday, accusing Democratic Senator Chris Van Hollen of lying about a very real case in which a pardoned January 6er—Andrew Paul Johnson—was found guilty of child molestation shortly after Donald Trump freed him.
“That person actually tried to buy the silence of these children by saying that he would pay them some of the funds he was hoping to get from your slush fund,” Van Hollen said, referring to the Justice Department’s forthcoming $1.8 billion “Anti-Weaponization Fund,” a taxpayer-funded initiative to effectively give reparations to allies of the president, including riot defendants.
“Can you commit to making the rules so that that person is not eligible for a payout under this fund?” asked Van Hollen.
But Blanche could not provide a simple, affirmative answer.
“Well you’re obviously lying in your question, because there’s no way this person committed to that,” Blanche said. “The slush fund, as you call it, which is not—but I can’t commit—”
“Mr. Attorney General, don’t ever do that again,” Van Hollen interjected, pointing his finger. “I am reporting what he said. He said on the expectation that he hoped to get some of the funds from a payout.”
“But you said from the slush fund, senator, and that didn’t exist when he said that,” Blanche refuted.
“This is the fund that the........